hw 101 smeter

Charles Tannehill TamOShanterT at AOL.COM
Sun Apr 25 22:36:15 EDT 2004

Hi gang, I have just about finished restoring an hw101, have had a couple of
QSO's with it and it works fine except, the s meter does not work. An increase
in rf gain will cause it to decrease in value. The meter works fine when
tuning up. The meter peaks just fine when tuning the transmitter but as I say,
when operating, I can't give anyone a reliable signal report. I have checked the
wiring and whomever wired it up did so correctly and I can't find any bad
components. Any ideas would be appreciated. Also, I still need a crystal for the
29.5 mhz band. it is a 3rd overtone crystal. Regards, Leon KG4JRK.