Heathkit K1 Plug-in coils

Mark Graalman WB8JKR wb8jkr at JUNO.COM
Fri Apr 30 10:35:04 EDT 2004

  The typical regen is tuned by the frequency of the input
circuitry. If you can measure the minimum and maximum
capacitance of the frequency tuning variable then all you really
have to do is wind a coil that will allow tuning the desired range.
 For example, if the tuning variable measures 20 - 300 pf and
you wound a coil with a value of 10 uH, the receiver would then
tune from about 2.9 to 11 MHz. The coupling winding to the antenna
could be by trial and error, but I would say about 10 turns spaced
from the main 10 uH winding about 1/4" would work well, the
feedback winding would also be by trial and error, but about 3-5
turns spaced about 1/4" below the main 10 uH winding would
also be a good starting point.

73,  Mark  WB8JKR