ALC

Peter A Markavage pmarkavage at JUNO.COM
Tue Aug 3 12:22:22 EDT 2004

I used the 706MK IIG to drive the SB-200. Never used the ALC. I also use
a 756 PRO II to drive the SB-200. Don't use the ALC connections there
either. But I also have a scope on the output of the SB-200 to monitor
the transmitted signal. Find it far more accurate than diddling with the
incompatibilities of ALC voltages. Of course you do need some type of
"soft-keying" between the SB-200 and most of the solid-state transceivers
since, in its stock form, the SB-200 relay keying circuitry output is
-130 volts DC.

Pete, wa2cwa