Heathkit LG-1 (IG-42) generator

Richard Keller rkeller at IJ.NET
Thu Aug 5 18:44:39 EDT 2004

Bought this beauty (a 9.5!) year and a half ago but never used it on
the lower ranges. Put it on a scope the other day and found out about
the first problem.

Two problems:
1. there is no output from range A&B;  most likely the range switch or
inside the coil shield. Was the coil assembly pre-wired by the
factory? The manual makes no mention. Also, no pictorial worth a hoot.
Cannot tell which coil is which. Will take it apart and use the
schematic to trace it out.

2. The adjustment of the "trimmer" has no effect. Closest is with
minimum capacitance. I subbed with one in the junk box, a 12mmf, same
type, still no luck. Tried adding in series and parallel, both failed.
Maybe I need to just fine the right value. Why did Heath not mention
the value of so many components, like the trimmer?

Hope all this doesn't scare everybody off. (just kidding) I tried
several times on different groups asking for technical assistance on
this equipment but no replies. Thanks in advance for any help out
there.
73, Dick KF4NS
St. Petersburg, FL 33714 USA
Keep the glow!

---
Virus Database (VPS): 0432-2, 08/04/2004
Tested on: 8/5/04 6:45:14 PM