Oscilloscope Recommendations

Neil Morrison neilsmorr at HOTPOP.COM
Sat Aug 28 19:22:52 EDT 2004

----- Original Message -----
From: "Malcolm Leonard" <radiorepair at MINDSPRING.COM>

> The Yugo,if you happened to be a Yugo collector and needed that particular
> model to round out your collection...or if were a nostalga freak trying to
> recapture yesterday (which certainly is true of many Heath people) and you
> had fond memories of dating that gorgeous blonde of years past in that
Yugo
> (the girl you secretly wish you had married.)
> Neil,things are not always that completely logical or cut and dried.Human
> beings are emotional creatures and much more than sheer science
> prevails,often.
>
> I know Heath did not make lab grade test gear but I love them none the
less
> with all their faults and limitations and love is not supposed to be
> logical,anyway.
>
> Soul,man....soul!!It is just pure soul.Can't you dig it?

Very much. Back around 1960 I coveted a small RLC bridge whcih was imported
from Europe. It wasn't much bigger than your hand and I suspect used a
buzzer for the the generator and an earphone for the null detector. It cost
about 2 weeks wages back then and was way out of my buy range. Now I poke
around on eBay Germany looking for one although my tiny bit of German isn't
really up to the task and although I have a digital LCR meter AND a couple
of Heath bridges. I just WANT one.

Neil