SB 200 question

Ray Friess rayfri at HIGHSTREAM.NET
Wed Dec 1 08:19:15 EST 2004

All those who replied:
Thank you for your input.  It is exactly the type of answer I was
looking for.   Right to the point.
I've been a ham for 35 years and know a fair amount of theory, but
sometimes something pops
up ... even for us old timers ... that help is needed on without a lot
of theory discussion.   Don't
get me wrong .. I love discussing theory as much as the rest of us, but
sometimes I want to get
right to the practical fix and you have all helped me out.

This is a new amp (new for me anyhow ... if a Heathkit can ever be
considered new anymore HI HI)
and I have not loaded it up yet.  I plan on putting a wattmeter on it
and if I get what appears to be
a correct output, that will also tell me that the plate voltage is where
it should be.

Scott ...   about the 30L-1.    I also have two of them ... and I get
about the same plate voltage you
do ... 1900 to 2000 and I use 120 input for them..    That was part of
the reason I was puzzled about
the sb 200...
    Thanks again all of you...   I'll check those resistors and let you
know what I find....
Ray