Neutralizing Finals in HW-101

Davies, Doug A FOR:EX Doug.Davies at GEMS3.GOV.BC.CA
Thu Dec 16 19:44:05 EST 2004

I'm at the point in the HW-101 refurbishment where I need to know how to
neutralize the 6146's in the final.  As I have been made aware, the best way
to do this is with the plate and screen grid voltages disconnected.  The
HW-101 manual doesn't mention this method in the instructions.  Would
someone who has done it this way please explain it to me.  I've gotten
everything to work up to this point.  I don't want to blow it (no pun
intended) now !!!

Also, how does one hook up an oscilloscope to the antenna output to watch
the RF output?  I'm sure I can't transmit directly into the 'scope <grin>.
Help here is also appreciated.

Doug  VA7DD