HW-101- Got 'er Running

Davies, Doug A FOR:EX Doug.Davies at GEMS3.GOV.BC.CA
Fri Dec 24 17:04:18 EST 2004

Got the old HW-101 running yesterday.  Never was able to neutralize the
finals using the disconnected screen and plate voltage method.  So, I used
the method in the manual and, after a lot of fiddling, was able to achieve
adequate neutralization.  Had a couple of QSO's with it and, according to
the reports received, the audio sounds great, I have no dectectable carrier
and the signal is just fine.  She puts out about 105 watts, according to my
Bird meter.  Sure is nice to have one of these working again.  The HW-101
was my first purchased radio when I became licensed way back when.  Bought
it as a kit then, used it for a number of years and then sold it.  I've
wanted one back ever since.  It was a lot of fun working on the '101 and I
hope it runs for a long time to come.

Thanks to all who gave me help and suggestions during the last phase of
reconstruction.  Much appreciated.

Doug  VA7DD