SB-300 Static Issue

Glen Zook gzook at YAHOO.COM
Mon Feb 2 09:06:31 EST 2004

First of all, try cleaning the switches and
potentiometers (volume control, r.f. gain, etc.).  I
use WD-40.  Some people "swear by" WD-40 as a contact
cleaner and some people "swear at" WD-40.  However, in
over 35 years of using it I have never had any
problems at all.  Just use the little plastic tube
that comes with it to control just where the spray
goes.

Next, tighten every screw, bolt, and nut in the
receiver.  There are a number of grounds in the
receiver that are made through these screws to the
chassis.  Slightly loosen them with a screwdriver
and/or nut driver and then retighten them.  Doing this
often cures all sorts of "ills" in the transmitter or
receiver.

Glen, K9STH

--- Gerry Caines <grcaines at COGECO.CA> wrote:

My SB300 receive  has developed an issue - with or
without antenna connected the receiver cracles and
stadics, seems to take a good hour or so before
receiver settles down. Any had a similair happening?
Cure?

=====
Glen, K9STH

Web sites