hw101 problems part four

MIKE BRYCE prosolar at SSSNET.COM
Mon Feb 2 10:34:24 EST 2004

boys and girls...

this radio that I am working on is nearly mint.. that kinda makes me wonder
if there is a wiring problem. there's too many problems to be just a out of
spec resistor hiding on a pc board.

in fact, the radio must have been one of the last ones made. the resistors
are all metal film and not carbon like the older rigs used.

but some updates

radio goes into oscillation when the ptt line is pulled low. no mic
connected

RF gain control is still wacky

tighten all the hardware up a second time. ensured all tube shields are on
and grounded

did a alignment

called the pope, he was busy...

replaced the carrier pot and the four hot carrier diodes (again)

Mike Bryce, WB8VGE
SunLight Energy Systems

http://www.seslogic.com
http://www.theheathkitshop.com