hw101 problems part four

VE3FWF ve3fwf at SYMPATICO.CA
Mon Feb 2 22:24:42 EST 2004

Mike:

This one does sound like a real challenge (the polite way of not saying a
swear word).

Some more suggestions:
1. Complete wiring harness checkout to make sure  that  wiring error(s)
is/are not the issue here.  (a wiring error on  the relays could lead to
some interesting results!)
I assume that you have already cleaned the relay contacts with a thin strip
of white bond paper?
2 Check the diodes in the RF gain area --- in particular D905 and D101 on a
HW-100 (I assume that is the same numbers for the HW101?) for being wired in
backwards, shorted or open.
3  Possibly a solder bridge somewhere on a board?  Really hard to find ...
4. A cold solder joint? Resolder all the joints on the modulator circuit
board first.
5. Pull the 6146s out of the cage to rule out that you do not have parasitic
oscillations in the finals (not likely the problem but you can never tell).

You may have several faults here not just one ...

Good luck and keep us posted on getting that green machine going ...

73 de Bernie, VE3FWF