DX-35/VF1

Rinkie & Ron Pollack rinkies at ADELPHIA.NET
Mon Feb 9 00:21:32 EST 2004

I just got a DX35 working with crystals, and want to use a VF1 with it.

However, the accessory socket voltage reads about 700 VDC, while the VF1
requires only 250-350.  I thought that the 20K dropping resistor, which
reads ok, would drop the voltage when under load, but still reads over 600 V
on the plate of the 6AU6 in the VFO. Is this normal, or did I fry the tube?

Also, can I use the VFO through one of the crystal sockets, or must I use an
RCA plug on the back of the DX35?

The knowledge on this group is incredible!  Thanks again for the help.

Ron K2RP