IG-42 Distortion

Thomas Jacob tomjac60 at HOTMAIL.COM
Mon Feb 23 19:44:44 EST 2004

I recently purchased an IG-42 in good condition. I tested all tubes on a
HICKOK 539C and they all checked good in all tests. I replaced the selenium
rectifier added a dropping resistor and fired it up. I am noticing a small
amount of distortion of the modulating signal and quite a bit of distortion
of the RF signal. The RF distortion only occurs on the upper right quadrant
of the sine wave and only on the 3 lowest freq bands. What should I look for
first? The output level also varies greatly with the frequency. I tested the
output with a 50 ohm resistor across the output.

Watch high-quality video with fast playback at MSN Video. Free!