IP-20 Question

Gary Fortnum gb.fort at SYMPATICO.CA
Tue Jan 20 13:36:34 EST 2004

Greg,
The IP-20 from Heathkit did not have a 1000 uFd capacitor across the output terminals but it did have a
0.2 uFd (C5). There is however a 500 uFd 50 Volt capacitor (C4) but it is on the unswitched side (other
side) of the DC ON/STANDBY switch.
BTW, the IP-20 & IP-27 are almost identical in their circuitry with the main difference being that the OB2
regulator tube in the IP-20 is replaced by a Zener regulated reference supply in the IP-27.

Regards, Gary.