SB200 SWITCH PROBLEM

Ken Bakhaus bakken at NET-PORT.COM
Thu Jan 29 14:39:56 EST 2004

Dave:
Think you will find the on-off switch is just a 2 pole rocker switch. The breakers are the red buttons showing thorugh the cage when the cover is opened. The breakers (actually these are circuit protectors by definition and not circuit breakers - there's quite a difference) are non-switchable and push to reset only. Probably the toggle mechanism in the switch is worn and not working unless by some chance you've welded the contacts together. Used to know who made those switches but don't recall now.

73

Ken Bakhaus K8PAO
Former Engineering Manager of Mechanical Products, circuit protector manufacturer

I have a problem with my trusty SB-200.

The on-off switch which I believe is also the circuit breaker will not
turn the amp off in the off position. This happened once before and
fixed itself but doesn't want to do it this time. Is this repairable or
do I need a new breaker? Who and where might I find one if I do need a
new one?

Tnx,
Dave N7RK