DX-60A

HARRY PRICE hjprice01 at MSN.COM
Sat Jan 31 05:46:55 EST 2004

Hello,

My first message to the list.

I have been restoring a DX-60A including the popular audio mods.

I am in need of two of the smaller knobs which are beige in color. Can someone help me? Even if you have just one it would be super.

Electrically the DX-60A is in good shape, however, a question. A previous owner removed the low pass filter assembly on the right rear of the chassis behind the final PA cage. An SO-239 for connection to the antenna was installed on the rear of the PA cage where the buss wire from the PA cage exited the cage to the low pass filter effectively eliminating the filter. Was this some type of performance improving modification that was popular with DX-60 users at one time? I do have most of the parts to rebuild and reinstall another lowpass filter. Is it necessary?

Thanks very much, and don't forget to check for the knobs.

73, Harry K3AX