Solid state VFO - DX100

fev fev at CIUDAD.COM.AR
Wed Jul 21 20:05:54 EDT 2004

Hi Glen,
I am member in the QST web site and I can not find the article with your
coordinate, it was in QST? or perhaps
The arrl did not permit to access to it thru the web, I don't know.
Francisco LU3eec

-----Mensaje original-----
De: Glen Zook [mailto:gzook at yahoo.com]
Enviado el: Miércoles, 21 de Julio de 2004 08:45 p.m.
Para: fev; 'Glen Zook'; HEATH at LISTSERV.TEMPE.GOV
Asunto: RE: Solid state VFO - DX100

The article, entitled "New Life for the Heath VF-1,
VFO" appeared starting on page 18 of the December 1972
issue of QST.  Tha author was Robert M. Glorioso,
W1EBW.

This is the issue that has OSCAR VI on the front
cover.

Basically, the conversion was to two 2N3823, MPF-102,
etc., style JFET.  Since those particular transistors
are still common today, the conversion shouldn't be
hard to accomplish.

Supposedly the warm-up drift at the fundamental was
less than 150 Hz and maximum drift after warm-up was
about 25 Hz per hour.  Also, it supposedly keyed very
well (no chirp).  The modification did add the 2nd
MPF-102 as a buffer which definitely should help with
the chirp problem.

Glen, K9STH

--- fev <fev at ciudad.com.ar> wrote:

Hi Glen, did you remember when appeared this article
in QST? I am interested also , I have a DX100 to
rebuilt.

=====
Glen, K9STH

Web sites