Heath 5001 weather computer

G. Beat gregory.beat at COMCAST.NET
Sat Jul 24 18:03:53 EDT 2004

Lee -

These parts run from about $ 0.50 to $ 1.25 each from the normal suppliers
(Mouser/Digi-Key)

You may wish to see if Radio Shack parts may work.

A possible replacement for the TIL-32 infrared LED is 276-143c (the color is
likely blue, and maybe ok)
For the infrared phototransistor TIL-78 try number 276-145a.

Greg

----- Original Message -----
From: "L & M Wieweck" <lwieweck at COCSD.K12.AZ.US>
To: <HEATH at LISTSERV.TEMPE.GOV>
Sent: Saturday, July 24, 2004 3:47 PM
Subject: Heath 5001 weather computer

My 5001 suffered lightning damage a week ago.  There was damage to the main
unit and as I found out, to the boom assembly.  The wind direction portion
is not functioning.  The wind speed portion is ok.  I was fortunate to have
two of the 5001 weather units, so replaced the bad one with the other unit.
So now I will see about getting the damaged unit back operating again.  I
need four TIL-78 transistors (heath part #417-919) and four TIL-32 (heath
part # 412-635) LED's.  Does anyone have these or can direct me to where to
obtain?  I will also be working on the main unit soon, but a little at a
time!!

Lee, wa7exl