SB 610

Mark Graalman WB8JKR wb8jkr at JUNO.COM
Tue Jul 27 07:22:51 EDT 2004

   Jerry,

 Double check those diodes, they are HV units and
if your meter doesn't put enough voltage across the
junction to "turn it on" it will look like an open but
the diode will be quite good.

Mark  WB8JKR

Thanks to everyone that responded to my email regarding the SB 610.  I
did check the output of the Xformer and it is good.  I have one cap that
is shorted and two diodes that "check open".  Trying to find parts to
replace the .1 @ 1200 VDC.  and a .15 capacitor at 1200 - 2000 VDC.  Any
help out there in obtaining these parts.  Will offer a fair price for the
Capacitors.  Or you set your own price.  Again thanks to all who
responded with all the help I could not go wrong.  Only problem I did not
for see was locating the high Voltage windings of the xformer.  They were
tucked away in the mass of wiring located in the wire bundle.

Well that helps in my choice of rebuilding the circuit.  Will take the
advice as to double the rating of the components.  Again thanks to all
and 73  Jerry Rego KE7YG