SB-Line case

Glen Zook gzook at YAHOO.COM
Sat Jun 19 21:12:18 EDT 2004

Although I have had the unit for quite a while, I just
noticed that the cabinet on my SB-301 is different
from all of my other SB-Line equipment!

Actually, I decided to repaint all of my cabinets the
same color (one of the at least 5 different colors
that Heath used on the SB-Line cabinets depending on
what color was in the gun at the time - at least that
is what it seems!).  As they were "lined up", I
noticed that the one from the SB-301 did not have the
bar all the way around the front.  It is along the
bottom, but it ends about an inch above the lower
portion of the cabinet on both sides.  All of my other
cabinets have the bar all the way around (SB-101,
SB-110A, SB-401).

The other SB-Line equipment that I have owned over the
years all had the bar all the way around.  This bar
does not appear to have been "cut off".  The edges are
perfectly smooth, they both "stick up" exactly the
same amount, etc.  However, the holes for the cover
hold-down screws are both counter sunk pretty deeply
whereas the other cabinets are not.

Anyway, I wonder if the cabinet that is on the SB-301
was originally intended for something else but ended
up on this particular unit?!!

Glen, K9STH

=====
Glen, K9STH