Apache TX-1 "RF Hiccup" Puzzle

Peter A Markavage pmarkavage at JUNO.COM
Thu Jun 24 18:09:09 EDT 2004

I also have FBTO but unfortunately, it doesn't list the CQ Ham Clinic
tips. The article on putting holes in the outside cabinet is good for
getting at the side and under chassis adjustments. Also, there was an
article on correcting "wrong-way" grid current readings. One or two
others, but nothing addressing your problem.

Check also the clamp tube adjustments and also the NE-2 neon lamp. If
that lamp is intermittent, it might burp as you power down the plate
supply. The only way to check this is to pull the chassis out, flip it on
its side, and watch it as you switch the plate supply on and off.

Pete, wa2cwa
ps Garey - the Apache already has a spotting switch. I believe the
article had to do with some minor rewiring of the spotting switch
circuitry.