SB-221 Blown C4 cap and reduced output

Thomas Beltran tbeltran at EARTHLINK.NET
Mon Mar 1 12:22:52 EST 2004

Jan:

C4 is a small metal encased, 20 mfd. 150 volt cap, the one in my amp is
blue.

This weekend, I just enstalled all the Harbach mods.  Interestingly, in
going through the manual and mod instruction sheets, there are some mods
already in place, which I returned to stock. After the mods, I find that (1)
the replacement fan moves significantly more air, and (2) tune-up is much
more critical in that the dip or peak is more narrow and deeper or higher
(as the case may be) and finally, I get more output.  Tom W6EIJ