F/S: 10" boat anchor speaker, 4 Ohms

Edward B Richards zuu6k at JUNO.COM
Tue Mar 16 19:18:16 EST 2004

I could not find a suitable speaker for my receiver, so I decided to
build my own. I bought a pair of stereo speakers ( they would not sell me
only one) And built my own enclosure from 3/4" MDF with glued and stapled
joints. There is a 10" low and mid-range speaker coaxially mounted with a
4" mid to high range. They are both 8 Ohms but when connected in parallel
the resulting impedance is 4 Ohms. The housing is 11-3/4" square with
1/4" added by the feet and 7-3/4" deep. Painted grey but repaintable to
match your equipment. Sounds good to me.

Since I had to buy 2 speakers, I made 2 of the above. I only need 1 so
the other is up for sale. I am asking $50 plus shipping. I have more than
that in it but I feel that is all a person would be willing to pay. Pix
available on request. Thank you.

73, Ed Richards K6UUZ