Paint

gary fortnum gb.fort at SYMPATICO.CA
Wed Mar 17 12:16:11 EST 2004

Fred,
I can relate to your description of  "glossy to primer flat". It seems that
there is not too much out there available in semi-gloss finishes.
There is another one that I found at one of the automotive supply stores
(Pep Boys I think).
 It is Dupli-Color DA1603 Semi-Gloss Black.
This has worked well to restore the bezels on some test equipment that are
niether gloss or flat but are in between.
Gary.

----- Original Message -----
From: "FRED HOLNAGEL" <w7prv at TELEPORT.COM>
To: <HEATH at LISTSERV.TEMPE.GOV>
Sent: Wednesday, March 17, 2004 9:27 AM
Subject: Paint

Greetings.  If you've ever tried to match a near flat black color on older
gear, but glossy is too much so and flat is too much like priimer, listen
up.  Krylon 1613, Semi-Flat Black is the right stuff.  I painted the top of
a cabinet that was discolored from stuff being set on it and it matched the
rest of the unit perfectly. I found it at a Fred Meyer store in Oregon.
Fred, W7PRV