output transformers measurement. Off topic?

Lee Bahr pulsarxp at EARTHLINK.NET
Sat Mar 20 16:45:46 EST 2004

While on the subject of audio output transformers, maybe someone can help me
out on this one.  I need a 36 Henry choke in series with the audio plate
lead of an audio output tube.  What output transformer will give me
inductance around this value?  Does anyone know?  (I'd like to build a
Paraset clone and it calls for a choke this size). The choke can't be too
big physically.  Would a 4000 ohm or 7000 ohm output transformer have
inductance near this value (on the primary)?  Sure would like to hear from
anyone who knows.  That's a lot of inductance and it has to pass the current
to drive a 6SK7 audio amp. The whole transceiver is in a case approx 2 1/2
x  8 x  6 1/2 inches so I can't be using a 200 ma choke.
Thanks,
Lee, w0vt