Wanted: DX-100B mod

Brian Wood brianmwood at EMAIL.MSN.COM
Sun Mar 21 20:05:30 EST 2004

Ed,

Read my article in the January QST on the DX-100 restoration. These and
other mods are referenced. Easiest way to find the mods is to go the AM
Window at http://www.amwindow.org/.

73,

Brian, W0DZ

-----Original Message-----
From: Heathkit Owners and Collectors List
[mailto:HEATH at LISTSERV.TEMPE.GOV]On Behalf Of Edward B Richards
Sent: Sunday, March 21, 2004 2:39 PM
To: HEATH at LISTSERV.TEMPE.GOV
Subject: Wanted: DX-100B mod

Hi all;

Shortly after I built a DX-100B in 1960, I saw an article about
neutralizing the PA by adding a short, heavy wire from somewhere, up
through an existing hole near the finals. You bent the wire back and
forth to archive neutralization. It worked. Is someone aware of this mod
and can give me the info? I am interested in other mods that will improve
the performance on AM?  Thanks.

73, Ed Richards K6UUZ