non Heath question

Glen Zook gzook at YAHOO.COM
Mon Mar 22 17:50:18 EST 2004

The information on the nuvistor Ameco converters is on
BAMA at http://bama.sbc.edu

If you have problems downloading (get an error message
that too many people are using the system) go back to
the home page and "click" on the mirror site.  There
are 5 times as many download possibilities on that
site.

The "W" after the model number says that it was
"factory wired".  The Ameco converters were sold both
wired and as kits.

I have several of the various nuvistor converters as
well as the older "plain" tube types.  These are for
50 MHz, 144 MHz, and 222 MHz.  They work very well.

If the crystal is 22 MHz then the i.f. is 28 MHz = 50
MHz.  If the crystal is 36 MHz then the i.f. is 14 MHz
= 50 MHz.  If the crystal is 43 MHz then the i.f. is 7
MHz = 50 MHz.  Also they came with a crystal of 40 MHz
where 10 MHz = 50 MHz and with a crystal of 19.5 MHz
where 30.5 MHz = 50 MHz.  The last crystal was for
using the converter with the National NC-300/NC-303 or
the Hallicrafters SX-101 series which both had a
"converter" band of 30.5 MHz to 34.5 MHz.

Also, you sometimes run into one that has been changed
to use with the Heath Mohawk that had a converter band
of 22 MHz to 26 MHz.  Those will have a crystal of 28
MHz.

Glen, K9STH

--- ELWOOD TURNER <w3ceb at MSN.COM> wrote:
> Hello all:
> I have an Ameco nuvistor convertor  model CN50W VHF
> convertor
> Does any one have any info on it?
>
>                Thanks WOODY

> FREE pop-up blocking with the new MSN Toolbar – get
> it now!

> Products bought, sold or traded here is the
> responsibility of the
> parties involved.  This list and the City of Tempe
> are not responsible
> for losses or misrepresentations of any kind.  Buyer
> beware!

> http://www.tempe.gov/lists/control.asp?list=HEATH
> To post - HEATH at LISTSERV.TEMPE.GOV
> Archives -