HW7 Mod

Rinkie & Ron Pollack rinkies at ADELPHIA.NET
Sat Mar 27 20:29:54 EST 2004

I recently acquired a real nice HW7 from a gent on this list, and it's fine.
I have a 1410 keyer, and it wouldn't work with it.  Poring thru the keyer
manual I found that there is an easy mod requiring just replacing 2
resistors and switching a connection.

Here's the caution:  One of the resistors was R39, which originally was 470
ohms.  When I located the resistor via the circuit board drawing, it was
only 33 ohms.  Problem was, there is a misprint on the circuit board drawing
(same on both sides) where R39 appears in 2 places.  The 33 ohm is really
R34.

Thought I'd let the group know, so you can correct the manual in case of
future mods or difficulty.  The keyer works fine with the HW7 now.

Regards to all, and thanks for all the help in the past.

Ron K2RP