DX-60B Final Amp Question

Garey Barrell k4oah at MINDSPRING.COM
Sat May 1 19:40:02 EDT 2004

Ed -

-79 V on the grid of a 6146 will cut it off completely.  I would
expect more like 30-40V to give you some "key-up" plate current.
  I don't have a schematic for the DX-60, but I would look at the
bias source.  The grid bias is probably from a resistive divider,
and is probably keyed since I think the DX-60 is grid block
keyed.  You most likely have a resistor that has changed value.

That high a bias voltage would probably cause clicks on your
signal.   Ohmmeter checks of the resistors in the bias divider
should show you the culprit!

73, Garey - K4OAH
Atlanta