SB-610 1n191 Diode

Murray Leshner murrayatwork at HOTMAIL.COM
Thu May 13 09:13:42 EDT 2004

In general it's similar to 1N34A or 1N270 or 1N60. I just don't know the
voltage ratings off the top of my head.

Hey I found some data on the web.

1N34    Signal  Germanium     60      8.5 mA(15.0 uA        -           1.0
1N34A   Signal  Germanium     60      5.0 mA(30.0 uA)       -           1.0
1N67A   Signal  Germanium    100      4.0 mA( 5.0 uA)       -           1.0
1N191   Signal  Germanium     90      5.0 mA                -           1.0
1N270   Signal  Germanium     80      200 mA(100 uA)        -           1.0

If it's for an RF or AM detector (probably), I'd stay with germanium.

Sometimes these are used in product detectors and sometimes Schottky or 'Hot
Carrier' are used, but usually have much lower breakdown voltage. 1SS88 is a
possibility if I remember. I have seen some with as low as 5 V breakdown
voltage, so probably avoid these.

Murray