[Fwd: Shipping an SB-220]

Steve steveac at CHARTER.NET
Mon May 17 20:03:10 EDT 2004

Wow . . . what an outpouring of good information.

My thanks to the many of you who have provided advice and guidance, I'll
put it to good use!

73,

Steve
K8JQ

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Shipping an SB-220
Date: Sun, 16 May 2004 20:59:44 -0400
From: Steve <steveac at charter.net>
To: HEATH at LISTSERV.TEMPE.GOV

I have an SB-220 that I plan to sell and I was wondering about shipping it.

I'll probably use UPS. Was thinking about taking it to them in a plastic
bag (such as a garbage bag) and letting them box and pack it with their
foam-in-place. Does that sound OK?

Will the tubes survive shipment if I just leave them in the amp or
should they be removed and shipped separately?

Any advice or experience out there?

Thanks.

Steve
K8JQ