HR-10B rx

Bill Coleman aa4lr at MAC.COM
Sun May 30 22:58:21 EDT 2004

On May 26, 2004, at 8:26 PM, Jerry Kitterman wrote:

> I have a HR-10B rx that I want to use with my DX-60. The receiver is
> very
> unstable and I can't seem to find any mods for it. Other than checking
> the
> tubes is anyone familiar with any other mods that might settle this rig
> down? Any help will be much appreciated.

There was a list of mods in 73 magazine some years ago. I think it was
the November 1972 issue. It included replacing the rectifier tube with
solid state rectifiers, and this opened up a tube socket for an 0A2
regular, which was used to stabilize the oscillator voltages. It also
replaced the three diode tube with silicon diodes in the detector, and
an improved, audio-derived AGC.

Back when I had an HR-10B, I made these mods. They greatly improved the
receiver, but it was still a bit driftly, and the selectivity was
somewhat wanting.

Bill Coleman, AA4LR, PP-ASEL        Mail: aa4lr at arrl.net
             -- Wilbur Wright, 1901