factory wiring?

Guy G. Giacopuzzi gggdds at JS-NET.COM
Sat Nov 6 09:36:14 EST 2004

When I worked for Heath, I remember asking about this...."factory
wiring" could mean it was built by a store tech, or it could have been
built at the factory...I purchased an SB-620 while I worked there, a
"factory built" model...it had a gold sticker indicating this--it wasn't
clear if it was built at a store or at Benton Harbor....
Having purchase many flee market Heathkits, my experience is that if
it's amateur equipment, it's usually done well; this was the same
experience in the store....if a ham ever brought back a kit that wasn't
working--and this was a rare occurence--we knew we were going to "eat
it" because the chance of a wiring error or poor solder joint were slim
to none....that only occured with the consumer kits....

one of the former ham's at Heath...

guy
WA6OQQ