Fw: Model HX-10 MARAUDER Balanced Modulator diode question

Ralph Daniels rbdaniels at MSN.COM
Tue Nov 9 15:28:18 EST 2004

Greetings All,

Putting an HX-10 back in service - it operates correctly on CW but on AM and SSB
there is no drive i.e., no grid current for the 6146's regardless of the audio input level.
Have replaced the Speech Amp, Mixer and all Osc tubes but no change and the next step
is to put it on the bench  - at a weight of 85 lbs I dread it.

Anway, I was wondering if anyone knew of a source or replacement part number for
the two silicon diodes used in the Balanced Modulator stage  - they are a matched pair of
OA95's. This is just in case that these are the culprits!

Or does anyone have some fresh ideas on this problem.

Thanks in advance.

Ralph Daniels

N1SK - Clearwater FL, Land of the Hurricanes!
73's