Looking for parts ... still

Mike Miller ka9rqw at MCHSI.COM
Tue Nov 9 23:04:12 EST 2004

Evening all,
    I know I've asked this before, but haven't had any luck yet.  Anyone
know where I might be able to locate a motor for a Heathkit SA-2500
auto-tuner?  I've got one in mine that's got a problem with it.  I've
rebuilt it and replaced the transistors it keeps burning out (it takes
out the darlington driver pair every time the motor shorts out), but it
doesn't last more than about a week, if that, after a motor rebuild and
transistor replacement.  The Heath part number is 420-636, and it was
made by Autotrol.  There's no other useful information on the motor at
all.  I've emailed the manufacturer, and given them all the information
I had, since I found their website and found a picture of a motor that
seemed to be what I had, but I never got a response from them.  It could
also be partly because I wasn't sure of the voltage.  From the
schematic, it looks to be a 12 volt stepper or clock motor, but I'm not
sure.  I'm sure they'll also ask gear ratio...wonder if that info is
available anywhere....  Those things might help also, and I can re-email
them and give them another shot if nothing else works.  Or,
alternatively, does anyone have any way to tell what other Heath items
(if any) that this motor might have been used in?  I'll also gladly
accept any other ideas...I'm about out of them.  I've even tried the
surplus vendors, and I can't find anything there either.  Thanks in
advance for the help!!

    73,
        Mike, KA9RQW