SB-101 vs SB-101A vs SB-102 Final Circuitry

Randall C. Iliff riliff at COMMSPEED.NET
Sat Nov 13 11:23:07 EST 2004

Hi,

I'm chasing down problems on an SB-101 who's final circuit may have been at
least partially modified to later model versions.

Anyone know of a good comparison of how Heath modified the final circuitry
over this model evolution?  Maybe this is common knowledge to everyone but
me, but any help would be greatly appreciated!

The schematic on the SB-102 shows that C908 (which picks off screen supply
peaks and couples them to the two ALC diodes) is connected directly to the
6146 screens (pin 3).  On my SB-101 schematic this cap is shown connected
before the 100 ohm screen series resistor.  (My rig has the cap connected
directly to the screens.)

There is also a 220K resistor between the screens and ground on the SB-102
schematic that isn't on the SB-101 schematic.  (My rig does not have this
resistor in place.)

It also appears that Heath made it easy to do the voltage removed
neutralization procedure by bringing the HV and screen supplies out through
a removable Molex connector.  (My rig doesn't have this feature.)

Should I revert back to the base SB-101 wiring, or is there a "preferred"
final configuration for these beasts?

Thanks, and 73,

Randy
KE0BN