Fw: Re: Heathkit SB-102 LSB problem

Kees Talen windy10605 at JUNO.COM
Fri Nov 19 16:28:04 EST 2004

As a quick check, I tune to a "quiet spot" and switch between USB and LSB
the "sound" should be the same. If not, the filter has moved or the
crystals have, since it's easier to move the crystals, replace them if
they moved or add SMs in series/parallel depending on up/down to correct
a filter shift. The correct frequency is 3396.4Khz USB and 3393.6Khz  LSB
.......2.8Khz apart, CF 3395Khz

73 Kees K5BCQ

------- Forwarded message ----------
From: dmurman at VERIZON.NET
To: HEATH at LISTSERV.TEMPE.GOV
Date: Fri, 19 Nov 2004 17:49:26 +0000
Subject: Re: Heathkit SB-102 LSB problem

Thanks for your response.  I do have the QST mentioned and will look it
over.  I do notice that the USB and CW seems to be OK.
I received a copy of the schematic today and this may help me trouble
shoot this problem.  This seems to be the only issue with the radio
besides the dirty switches.

Got one other question about the carrier null.  I tried to null the
carrier on USB but I feel that eventhough the carrier does null that I am
still seeing too much carrier on another reciever that is located in the
same room but with no antenna.  Thoughts on this?

Concerning the LSB issue I have a Collins KWM-2A that also has the tinny
sound on LSB.

Thanks;
David
WA4ECM