Heathkit GDO Model 1250 Problem

LEON WENDLER electronicparts2002 at YAHOO.COM
Mon Nov 22 17:18:48 EST 2004

get a can of "freeze it" from radio shack. after unit warms up and is working good, then spray freeze on each part one by one untill problem comes back. that then is the part that has to be changed.
leon @ technology systems
www.tech-systems-labs.com

Rick Hiller <rhiller at SDICGM.COM> wrote:
Hello, all,

I have a Heathkit solid state GDO Model 1250 that was well used in the
past, however, it has sat unused for about 18 months. When I turned it on
the other day it acted strange. (Battery is fresh and good).

I plug in any coil, turn it on, and immediately the meter pegs at maximum,
even when the drive control is set to minimum. Over about a 3 to 4 minute
period the meter indication slowly moves toward minimum and settles at the
first meter mark after zero. Seems to work fine then. If I move the
drive control up, the meter reading increases with it, as normal. If I turn
it off and back on, even immediately, it has the same "start up"
delay. Signals in a receiver are right on frequency and seems to dip OK,
once 'warmed up'.

Didn't see any tubes in there :-), so some out of whack resistor and or
capacitor must have a very long RC time constant.

Any thoughts or has anybody seen this problem, before I dig into it

Thanks in advance for your comments.....Rick...W5RH

Rick Hiller W5RH
Harris County Houston, Texas

Antennas....How can a simple piece of wire cause so much confusion,
dilemma, quandary, and question and, yet, create so much pleasure ?
copyright W5RH 2002

parties involved. This list and the City of Tempe are not responsible
for losses or misrepresentations of any kind. Buyer beware!

 The all-new My Yahoo! – Get yours free!