Cabinet removal tip for DX35/40

John King k5pgw at YAHOO.COM
Thu Oct 7 16:07:50 EDT 2004

Had cabinet on DX 35 jammed tightly in front panel in shipment and was so tight in the corners that I could not get rig out of cabinet. Didn't want to damage cabinet or panel getting them apart.

Since cabinet installs inside front panel lip, I decided to CHILL the cabinet to get shrinkage of the cabinet in the jammed corners. I placed ice cubes in four ziplock bags and placed one on each front corner of the cabinet. After chilling, I removed nuts holding the front panel via shaft bushing nuts.

The  heretofore inseparable cabinet and front panel easily released and I was able to get to the INNARDS of MY EBAY WINNING?????? OR who was really the winner????

http://mail.yahoo.com