SB 301

Glen Zook gzook at YAHOO.COM
Fri Oct 8 21:52:30 EDT 2004

My SB-301 and my SB-110A use the 6BZ6.  My SB-401
(which uses exactly the same LMO as the SB-301) uses a
6CB6.  It really has to do with the "series-parallel"
arrangement that Heath uses in their different models
for the heaters.  If you replace the 6BZ6 with a 6CB6
you will have problems in both the SB-301 and SB-110A
because the other 3 tubes that make up the
"series-parallel" operation will not have the proper
voltage drop across them.  The same thing happens when
you replace the 6CB6 with a 6BZ6.

The schematic of the LMO is the same in the SB-301,
SB-401, and the SB-110A manuals (at least in my
manuals).  However, it does make a difference in which
tube is used in what equipment.

Thus, you MUST use the 6BZ6 in the SB-301 and you MUST
use the 6CB6 in the SB-401 even though they use
identical LMOs.

Glen, K9STH

--- Stanley White <swhite at CA.INTER.NET> wrote:

SB 301 users,

In the main Shematic it says to use a 6BZ6 in the LMO
and in the LMO Shematic on page 95 it says to use a
6CB6..I wonder which is the proper one to use.????

=====
Glen, K9STH

Web sites

http://home.comcast.net/~k9sth