SB-401

Terry England W9cau at AOL.COM
Sat Oct 9 21:00:59 EDT 2004

Hello, i've got a SB-401 that transmits sometimes and than it quits when  you
turn it off or change bands. But sometimes it will work after you turn it
off or change bands. I have cleaned the switches and relays and it still does
the same thing. If i switch the mode switch back and forth sometimes it will
start working again, and some times not. Also there is no ideling current when
this stops working also. When it works it works fine and everyone says it
sounds  great. My next step i think is a re-alinment of the transmitter.To i have
 noticed that the output is down a little and other times it is up a little.
It  shows 60w sometimes than 75w and other times 95w. Any other ideas? I am
useing  this 401 with a SB-303 as far as i know these two have been used
together since  they were built. Thank you all for reading. Terry  w9cau