SB 301-AMdet mod

Schichler, Alfred ASchichler at MICROWAVEDATA.COM
Tue Oct 12 08:57:08 EDT 2004

I was just wondering what the resistor across the AM detector does. I
probably missed something, but I see a lot of stuff about maintaining
calibration and balancing of the tubes, but I'm not sure what the resistor
is for.

-----Original Message-----
From: Stu Lyon [mailto:w6cux at EARTHLINK.NET]
Sent: Monday, October 11, 2004 3:36 PM
To: HEATH at LISTSERV.TEMPE.GOV
Subject: SB 301-AMdet mod

Manuel,
I have posted the 1/6/69 Heathkit mod to the SB-301 AM detector at the
following:
(right click to download)
http://home.earthlink.net/~w6cux/images/sb301mod/sb301-1-mod.bmp
http://home.earthlink.net/~w6cux/images/sb301mod/sb301-2-mod.bmp
http://home.earthlink.net/~w6cux/images/sb301mod/sb301-3-mod.bmp

The files are NOT compressed so they are big (275K)

This modification consists of adding a 470K across the AM diode detector.

73, Stu W6CUX
Winnetka, CA
w6cux at earthlink.net