Rework aide--

William Strong usncb140 at EN-TEL.NET
Tue Oct 12 12:09:03 EDT 2004

 Thought  this should be shared with the group- With all the repairs- mods and such that goes with the Heath gear, anything to make it easier is worth looking at.
 I had to do some "lifting" of small components from a PC board.. It sort of threw me as it was small stuff and I was doubtful I could remove anything and still have a useable PC board.
I went to a local TV service shop and requested them to take off the 6 components..  Alas. They refused- in fact were closing down the business But --- Their  tech told me to get some product called  "Chip Quick" . It would  enable one to easily remove the parts with very little risk or damage to pads , trace lines or other parts. It lowers the melting point  of the solder and stays in a liquid flux state for a longer period.
 Great news  I tried it and it works..
 This 88 year old guy is pretty happy..
 The URL is WWW.CHIPQUICK.COM        Their e-mail is  chipquick at aol
 I have no connection to the company- just passing on something that might be of interest ..
 Bill W0BKA