For sale: HEATHKIT LINEAR AMPLIFIER MODEL SB-220

Steve steveac at CHARTER.NET
Wed Oct 13 17:22:12 EDT 2004

For sale: HEATHKIT LINEAR AMPLIFIER MODEL SB-220. I bought and assembled
this amplifier in 1970. The original manual comes with the amplifier,
complete with marks, notations and a few loose pages (but it's all
there). The electronic bias switching described in QST May 1974 is
installed, it's easily removed. A copy of the QST article is included. I
punched a hole for an 8-pin octal socket on the rear top left of the
amplifier so I could jumper out the electronic bias switch by inserting
a shorting plug. The shorting plug is included. Harbach Electronics soft
start, HV filter capacitors and soft key mods were installed in 2002.
The Harbach instructions for these mods comes with the amplifier. Three
sheet metal screws on the top cover are stripped and missing. I used the
amplifier for day-to-day operation until recently, it functions
properly. It is in good condition cosmetically. $500 or best offer plus
shipping, cash or postal money order. I'd prefer the buyer pick the unit
up in Charleston, WV. If desired, will ship at buyer's expense,
selection of shipper, packing instructions and assumption of risk. The
manual specifies the weight to be 50 pounds. Pictures at
http://webpages.charter.net/scourts/

Steve
K8JQ
steveac at charter.net