New Member

Fred Olsen fwolsen at WI.RR.COM
Wed Oct 13 18:30:09 EDT 2004

Ron F wrote:
> I am new to this, although I've built Heathkits for the last 30 years.

That's a good trick, considering they quit making them in 1991.  ;<)

> Is it more valuable as a built or unbuilt kit?

In practice unbuilt kits normally sell for much more.  "Sell for" having
little to do with an objective determination of real value.

By the way, if you've opened the box on any of those unbuilts you've
cost yourself a considerable amount of money.  There are some who highly
value an unopened kit, sealed in the original packaging and slowly
rotting from the electrolytics outgassing and the packing materials
decomposing, never in the owners' lifetimes to see the light of day.
Love is strange, Mickey and Sylvia.

skeptical Fred
--
<><