Any interest in some new screen savers?

radio radio radio at PRESENCEKNOWN.COM
Tue Oct 19 09:38:29 EDT 2004

Hi all,

I've been thinking it might be a good time to add some screen savers to the list.  I understand there is a digital collection of Heath catalog covers running around...that might make a good one.

Since it's been a few years since I put out a call for station photos I'll bet the number of digital cameras and scanners has increased in quantity and quality.  So, let's see what we can come up with.

Send me one or two of the best shots you have of your station.  Don't add your call to the images but do include it in the subject line of the message.  This will allow me to add the calls in the same font throughout the saver(s).

If I get enough I will determine what combinations I can use to create more than one.  If I get a load of Heath shots for example I will certainly do one or more on that brand, or a bunch on amps, antennas, etc.

There is no magic in creating screen savers.  The hard part is getting the photos together for it.  So, if you have something to contribute please do and we'll see what we can put together.  As always, there is no fee involved for anything...the savers are free to all.

Tips-

When taking pictures of gear or people try to do some angle shots.  Most of our gear is better seen from at least a slight angle to get some depth in the dials and knobs.

Take as large a photo as possible.  We can make them smaller, but we can't make them bigger.

Use plenty of light unless your camera can be adjusted to take low light pictures without being grainy.

You can be in the picture of course, but remember that the gear is what people are going to be looking at...unless you have a bikini calendar on the wall of course. (grin)

So, send away.  My email account has no size limits.

73

Dave