GD3196 electronic air cleaner furnace filter

Jerry Forwood e.j.forwood at JUNO.COM
Thu Oct 21 18:39:24 EDT 2004

Just for your information!  Any good HVAC man can make any size filter fit with any furnace.  The size of the filter is determined by the guy installing the furnace.  He just sizes the duct-work to fit at the cold air intake.  Of course a filter that is too small for the flow required by the furnace won't work, but "too big" never hurts - Hi Hi.

73 de Jerry, KØEJF
E.J.(Jerry) Forwood

-- Murray Leshner <murrayatwork at HOTMAIL.COM> wrote:
I bought one of these (16x20) from Heath when I worked there. I bought the
HV unit from the store; it had been serviced and had to special order the
filter (made by Trion, still in business; it was still available from Heath
at that time).

It has never been installed or used. We changed our furnace shortly after I
bought the filter and it had a different sized filter.

Moved,and still wrong size furnace filter!

It's assembled, the screws are not installed in the cover, and I have 2 or 3
of the pressure transducers that sense air flow (hv only turns on when there
is air flow so ozone doesn't accumulate in one area). I also have 2 or 3 of
the chassis-mount HV connectors that mate with the one on the filter.

I seem to think there is something missing with the air flow detection, like
some screws. I have the pressure sensor and even the vinyl air tube, so I
have no idea what I felt wasn't there. Maybe a trip thru the manual will
clarify for me. I have the manual which got wet once. (Cove is ugly).

$75 plus shipping (in US).

Murray