Re Heathkit Cult

john johnmb at NC.RR.COM
Fri Oct 22 16:31:41 EDT 2004

At 09:58 AM 10/22/04 -0400, Charles W. Morehouse wrote:

>As to Radio Shack.  I can see why they are going out of the parts
>business.  Most of the stuff they sell is inferior Chinese junk

Most of the parts in your average PC are of Chinese manufacture now
(yes, I know of the one manufacturer who made bad electrolytics)

Most of the electrical parts made in your average anything electrical
will be made in China in the next year or two. Many are now.

Many/Most of the components in the Mouser catalog are made in China now.

I'm not saying that it's good, bad or otherwise, it's just a fact. The
name on the outside of the component generally doesn't have any bearing
on where the part is made.

The goodness of a part is independent of where it is made. Just my
observation, but as a Components Engineer it's also my business.

Heathkits rule!
John K5MO