Yaesu connector

Noskowicz Steve-SNOSKOW1 Steve.Noskowicz at MOTOROLA.COM
Wed Oct 27 11:43:37 EDT 2004

 You should seriously consider the (ham size) Anderson Power Poles.  They are becoming a standard among hams and the emergency services and will allow you to power radios from other hams as well.  They solder very nicely to gauge 10 and smaller stranded wire and have wiping contacts.  They are the same style as what is used in the cellular base stations.  My opinion is that they have a better life than the faston connectors.  The faston crimp is not easy to do and should be soldered if you don't have the tool.  My Kenwood TM-D700 has this connector a few inches from the radio, but I have the Power Pole type at the end of the cable.  Makes swapping HF and VHF radios a snap.

Shows the "standard" orientation:
http://home.comcast.net/~buck0/app.htm

Anderson:
http://www.andersonpower.com/products/pp/sp.html

Steve K9DCI

-----Original Message-----
From: Heathkit Owners and Collectors List [mailto:HEATH at LISTSERV.TEMPE.GOV] On Behalf Of Max Pierson
Sent: Tuesday, October 26, 2004 10:26 PM
To: HEATH at LISTSERV.TEMPE.GOV
Subject: Yaesu connector

Not a Heath issue exactly but maybe somebody knows the part number of the
connectors on the Yaesu mobile power cords. I was told at eham.net that it
is a standard connector for a lot of radios and that AES sells cables with
that connector. I called AES and the guy there told me it is an automotive
connector. It is a two conductor thing, with blade pins in a "t"
configuration and a plastic body.

I want to convert all my power cords and radios to these connectors so that
I can swap out radios from positions with no rework and I need to find a
supplier of the pairs.

Max