help with LG-1 (IG-42)

Richard Keller rkeller at IJ.NET
Tue Sep 7 17:28:20 EDT 2004

In my attempts to align and calibrate the signal generator, I discovered
that Heath did not provide much help in these old manuals.

It says to adjust the FINE ATTEN for 2VAC and then set the CXR CAL to full
scale. No presets are mentioned whatsoever. Is the CXR CAL supposed to be
set to minimum before this adjustment?

Also, I cannot figure out a way to test the STEP ATTEN as my unit shows no
linearity between steps (I.E. X10 should be the same as X1 with the decimal
point moved over 1 position). So what I did was test the steps with an
ohmmeter, expecting to see graduated changes while going through the steps.
Not so. Is the STEP ATTEN supposed to have max output at X1 or X10K?

Confusing, huh? What say you?
73, Dick KF4NS
St. Petersburg, FL 33714 USA
Keep the glow!